Travelling to the LMS from central London
- If travelling by public transport, use the London Underground Central line to either White City or East Acton, or the Hammersmith and City or Circle line to Wood Lane. Hammersmith Hospital is about a 10–15 minute walk from these stations.
- A taxi from central London to the Hammersmith Hospital costs about £20.
- For planning your journey, please see the Transport for London website.
Travelling to the LMS from Heathrow Airport
- Take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington and then a taxi or number 7 bus to Hammersmith Hospital.
- Or from Heathrow use the London Underground Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith and then take a 72 bus from Hammersmith Bus Station to Hammersmith Hospital.
- Or take a taxi from Heathrow Airport to the Hammersmith Hospital costs about £30.
Travelling to the LMS by Bus:
- 7 – Russell Square, British Museum, Oxford Circus, Marble Arch, Ladbroke Grove, Hammersmith Hospital, East Acton
- 70 – South Kensington, Kensington, Nottinghill Gate, Bayswater, Westbourne Grove, Ladbroke Grove, Hammersmith Hospital, East Acton, Acton
- 72 – Roehampton, Barnes, Hammersmith, Shepherd’s Bush, White City, Hammersmith Hospital, East Acton
- 272 – Grove Park, Chiswick, Turnham Green, Acton Vale, Old Oak Road, Hammersmith Hospital, White City, Shepherd’s Bush Green
- 283 – Barnes, Hammersmith, Shepherd’s Bush, White City, Hammersmith Hospital, East Acton
There is also a Hopper bus that serves the main sites belonging to the Imperial College Healthcare NHS trust: Hammersmith Hospital, St. Mary’s, Charing Cross Hospital and the Imperial College main campus at South Kensington. See here for more details and a timetable.