LMS 1872 Receptionist/Research Administrator -
Full time, permanent
MRC Band 5
Salary: £25,798 – £27,501 plus London allowances (£3,727 & £1,402) per annum
Are you looking for an administrative role that underpins world-leading research and provides the opportunity to work closely with world-leading scientists, within an encouraging and collaborative team?
Applications are invited for a skilled and enthusiastic Receptionist/Research Administrator to join the Research Administration team, reporting to the Head of Research Administration and providing administrative support to groups of extraordinary scientific researchers within the London Institute of Medical Sciences.
The MRC London Institute of Medical Sciences (LMS) is inviting applications for the role of Receptionist. The LMS is an Institute of the Medical Research Council (part of UKRI), based at the Hammersmith Campus of Imperial College London and enjoys close links to Imperial College, London and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
In 2022 the Institute will move into a new state-of-the-art building and as part of this move we will need a Receptionist to help us welcome staff, students and visitors on site. We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent customer service and administration experience. The role holder will be responsible for:
- Welcoming and directing visitors and contractors
- Maintaining an inviting and comfortable reception area
- Coordination of shipping logistics including collection, packaging and payment
- Administrative support to researchers such as booking travel booking, processing expense claims and procurement
- Organising meetings and conferences
The LMS’s mission is to be at the forefront of ground-breaking biomedical research by:
- exploiting our unique position to drive the translation of innovative research towards improved health and clinical outcomes
- enhancing the public’s interest, understanding and trust in science
- training and mentoring the next generation of leading clinical and non-clinical scientists.
The Standard Occupational Classification of this role means that it is not eligible for sponsorship, therefore we are unable to apply for sponsorship for anyone not eligible to work in the UK. At interview, all shortlisted candidates are required to bring with them identification documents and original documents that prove they hold or can obtain the right to work in the UK. You can check your eligibility here: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/yhttps://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y