LMS 1904 Scientific Applications Support Analyst - LMS IT Network and Desk Support
Scientific Applications Support Analyst
£25,798 – 27,501 plus London allowances (£3,727 & £1,402) per annum
Full time, Permanent contract
If you’re experienced, highly motivated, hands-on individual with a drive to succeed and passion for personal development in different aspects of computing this is your chance to develop and deliver at the highest level. Our unique infrastructure will expose you to a diverse computing environment that uses large scale storage, HPC, virtualisation technologies supporting cutting-edge scientific equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will support and work within a small team of IT Support Analysts in the LMS’s Computing Facility. Based at the LMS at Hammersmith Hospital, you will liaise with Imperial College London (ICL) and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust; stakeholders in the work that takes place at the LMS and shared IT resources with ICL. You will participate in primarily providing IT Support to the user community. You will also take part in application design and development discussions with clients and management to determine client needs and ensure that product adheres to established specifications and standards. Also, providing training and support to staff in safe and secure use of applications.
Key Technical Skills
- 1st-2nd and some 3rd line IT support across the entire IT infrastructure
- Participate in application design, planning and implementation with clients and management to determine client needs and ensure that product adheres to established specifications and standards within the mixed computing environment.
- Understanding of High Performance Computing and compute cluster hardware.
- Installing and maintaining new operating systems, updates and releases across Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Ability to set up and work with mobile devices.
- Ability to coordinate repair of hardware failures.
- Support the team to deliver storage and backup solutions in line with applications functionality.
Choosing to come to work at the MRC means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including excellent holiday entitlement, generous pension scheme, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
The MRC is an Equal Opportunities Employe