Privacy and Cookies Policies
The MRC London Institute of Medical Sciences (LMS) is an institute of the Medical Research Council which is part of UK Research and Innovation. The institute is hosted by Imperial College London and is part of the Institute of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine.
The MRC LMS website falls within the scope of the Data Protection Policy and Privacy notice of the MRC. The privacy notice which describes how the MRC and other UK Research and Innovation Councils handle personal data can be accessed on the UKRI website.
The Institute of Clinical Sciences website falls within the scope of the Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice of Imperial College London. The privacy notice which describes how Imperial College London handles personal data can be accessed on the Imperial website.
This Privacy statement sets out how we, Medical Research Council London Institute of Medical Sciences, obtain store and use your personal information when you use or interact with our website www.lms.mrc.ac.uk.
This privacy statement is effective from the 23 May 2018.
By submitting your personal data through our website, you agree to this statement.
Certain information or data about you may be collected when you use our website www.lms.mrc.ac.uk or third party supplier sites.
What information is being collected?
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your name and email address if you use the contact forms/email links
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- if a resource or service is requested the following further information will be recorded, your mailing address, your request details.
This data can be viewed by authorised people at the MRC London Institute of Medical Sciences.
Reasons for collecting personal information:
- To send you email alerts and newsletters on a specific topic, event or area of interest that you have specified.
- To collect information for specific activities, for example public engagement activities.
Further information on how your data will be used can be found on the relevant form.
In all cases the information you provide is only used for the transaction for which you granted permission. It will never be passed on or used for any other purpose.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information during one task,
- recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don’t need to enter it for every web page requested,
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
You can manage these small files yourself and learn more about them from: AllAboutCookies.org
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the website is available when you want it and to help us understand what you want to use.
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
If you have any queries about these cookies or would like more information about them, please get in touch.
Privacy Notice for Events
Please read the following privacy notice if you would like further information about how the MRC London Institute of Medical Sciences and Imperial College London Institute of Clinical Sciences processes your personal data when you attend its events and you rights in relation to the personal data we hold.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice and we encourage you to check this privacy notice from time to time.
- Current version: 1.0
- Published on: 23 May 2018
- Last revision: 1.0